For years, I have been working so that our children will have access to quality education in French.
These are my priorities for our Toronto-Centre community:
- Hear YOUR concerns and YOUR ideas, and communicate them to the trustee board
- Keep you informed and updated about school board issues
- Develop an action plan to recruit and retain qualified French educators and support staff in our schools
- Lobby for sustained financing from Queen’s Park to ensure our French schools are equivalent to the English ones.
- Ensure that our children’s constitutional rights to quality French language education are upheld
- Foster diversity, equity, inclusion and a sense of belonging in all Viamonde schools and at the board
The Right to Safe Schools during Covid
An important addition to my priorities is the right to safe schools during Covid. Parents have shared their worries and challenges with me over the course of this campaign so this list of commitments outlines what I propose if elected.